Hi I'm Bear

Started by Bear, February 28, 2012, 10:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bear

I am new to the site/club and will be making the donation/purchase needed to help the site.
I am Doug "Bear" Updyke from W. Central Pa. I recently had a 1977 Coachmen 25'  Ford 360, donated to my Charity Cause. Bears' Quest 4 Rest. I was diagnosed with Cancer last year and am going on a Quest to raise 100k to be put into a Fund, in which the proceeds each year goes to help Cancer Patients who cannot afford treatments, medicine, or food.
I am driving around the Country in a 25 yr. old Jeep Comanche pick up over the next 18 months beginning on April 20th of this year. Rather than go on and on if you wish to learn more please visit my sight.  http://www.quest4rest.com/
I joined so that I can learn as much as possible about my RV, that has been given the name "Bears' Den" , this RV will be my support vehicle by providing lodging, saving on food costs, and a cold storage for some of the meds. I take.
I hope to gain friendships here and perhaps meet some along the way while on my Quest. I will be writing for a Newspaper, 4x4 magazine, my Blog, and doing a 5 minute, weekly appearance on WTAJ in Central Pa., while out on the road.
I am doing all of this on the help of so many people as I am on disability since a stroke in 07' that claimed some eyesight in one eye. I am at the stage in my life where I want to help those in need and decided to help those of of my new "extended" Family.
All proceeds from my writing will go into the Fund, I seek no personal gain.
ok, enough about me, I hope I made a good introduction of myself.
I do have some questions on my RV so I bid you ado on this thread, and Thank you for including me in your Club.

Bear 

ClydesdaleKevin

Welcome to the club, Bear, and good luck on your endeavors!

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

HandyDan

Welcome and good luck with your cause.  You sound like a very dedicated person.  We have a good group of people here willing to help with any questions about your RV.
Dan
1984 Holiday Rambler
1997 Newmar Kountry Star

Bear

Thank you for the welcome and good wishes. I'm looking to "hook up" with a travel magazine to also write for as well. I like to write and what better way to do it, helping folks while out on the road doing "Bears' Bucket list" the name of the TV show if it gets bought.