Hi from 1973 Chevy Explorer owner

Started by mcgyver, February 10, 2012, 10:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcgyver

Hello everyone, nice to find others with an interest in keeping the nostalgia in life alive. I have a 1973 chevrolet explorer, owners manual and all, that I cannot find info or pics of any kind on the internet. I have been searching for the past 5 years and have yet to see another pic or info on one. It is almost identical to to dodge class a's of the same era of which there are many. I will post pics if anyone is interested in seeing it. Thanks for an info or reference...

ClydesdaleKevin

Of course we want pictures!  Then there will be pictures and info about it on the net...lol!

Welcome to the group!  You'll find everything you are looking for here, and more. 

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

DaveVA78Chieftain

[move][/move]

mcgyver

That's it, the one in the top pic. Thanks guys, I'm wanting to get as much original info as possible so I can try and keep or redo to stay as near to that as possible.

mcgyver

I'm going to get new pics in just a couple of hours. Thanks again...

mcgyver

Cant figure out how to post pics... gotta go, will try again later...

Oz

Hey bro,

One of the many benefits of your Full Membership is one that is greatly overlooked but can be a very valuable resource...  If you go to the "Our Members" tab, you'll see a tab to "search members".  In the search for field, enter "Explorer". 

You'll see a couple rows of check boxes.  The first two are already check marked.  You can uncheck them, if you like, and check mark the box next to "Model".  This will bring up all the Explorer owners in the group.  You can click on any of their usernames and send them a PM to see what they may have which could be helpful.  You can also jot down each of the usernames and put them in the "to" line of your PM and send the message to all of them at once!
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

mcgyver

Thanks for the info Mark. I'll check that out

ClydesdaleKevin

Congrats on becoming a full member!  AWESOME!  You'll find that its worth every penny and then some, and its cheap in the first place.

I can't wait to see the pictures of your rig!

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

mcgyver

Thanks Kev, posted a couple in the album section. Have to clean the inside up and put a few things away from the last camping/fishing trip a few weeks ago and I will get some of the interior.

ClydesdaleKevin

Thats a pretty neat looking rig!

Kev

LJ-TJ

Wow! Great looking rig. Love the rear porch just need the awning. :laugh: :)ThmbUp