Not a Good Day for Me.

Started by HandyDan, January 27, 2012, 01:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HandyDan

Right after I posted the thread about an Airstream I went to the kitchen to see about something to eat.  As I opened the cabinet door I noticed our cat, Wally, acting strangely.  He looked like he had lost all control of his body and was having trouble walking.  He staggered into the front entryway and fell on the floor and started convulsing.  It wasn't a half a minute and he died.  Anyone who owns a pet knows the sorrow losing a pet can cause.  I am just heartbroken.  The cat was a pain but I loved that cat.  I am sitting here with tears in my eyes and I'm sorry to post such a downer, but I needed to confide in someone.  You just happened to be it. 
1984 Holiday Rambler
1997 Newmar Kountry Star

OldEdBrady

I know the feeling.  I've lost many pets (and friends) over the years.
:(

LJ-TJ

Yeh! well it's a guy thing to hate cats, but having said that we just lost ours a month a go of old age. Your right there a pain in the bum. Come when they want to come not when you call them. Boy does it ever leave a big hole. I feel for you mate but it does get better a little at a time or so I'm learning.  :(

brians69d24

I'm sorry to hear of your loss. I have a 14 year old dog that won't be around much longer and it just breaks my heart! We love our little 4 legged friends....

Oz

It's sad that they live such short lives as they're such a big part of ours.  My sympathy, friend.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

tiinytina

sorry for your loss.... I held my horse Jakes head as the vet put him down, he was in severe pain with what we think was a blockage of his upper intestine (cholic) and there were no other options. I cried for days....  and miss him, although I have now adopted another rescue horse.....
Tina

Hi from Gone to the Dawgs! 1987 Tiffin Allegro in Deale MD. CW Rocks!!!

ClydesdaleKevin

My heart felt condolences Dan.  I'm not looking forward to the day we have to say goodbye to any of our babies.  Hopefully they go to a much better place and we'll all see them again.

Here's to Wally. 

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

Froggy1936

In memory of Rambo (1994-2009) You never forget your friend. Frank
"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.

Arberg0

I fully understand what it is like to loose a 4  legged or 2 legged friend we lost our black lab Buddy a little over 3 years ago in the space of a weekend he went from being the big black goof he always was to not knowing were he was and having fits one after another .He was one of a kind we were not his first owner he was trained as a gun dog but the family moved to a house with no back yard and it was cruel to keep him locked in most of the day so his owner who was a nurse with my wife posted his details on the board at work to find him a new home teresa always wanted a dog so we got him on 2 weeks trail to see is he got on with our birds he never left he settled right in he was called peppar but we called him buddy even the birds liked him sitting on his back a better well behaved dog i could not wish for he had his moment like when he stole a 3 pound meat loaf that was cooling on the kitcken side and he had a weekness for toosie roos and banana,s but a great dog i miss my buddy

sorry to go on

If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little.
George Carlin (1937 - 2008)

"The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." --Thomas Jefferson

Arberg0

Tribute to a Best Friend

Sunlight streams through window pane onto a spot on the floor.....
then I remember,

it's where you used to lie, but now you are no more.

Our feet walk down a hall of carpet, and muted echoes sound.....
then I remember,

it's where your paws would joyously abound.

A voice is heard along the road, and up beyond the hill,
then I remember,

it can't be yours..... your golden voice is still.

But I'll take that vacant spot of floor and empty muted hall,
and lay them with the absent voice and unused dish along the wall.

I'll wrap these treasured memories in a blanket of my love,
and keep them for my best friend until we meet above.

If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little.
George Carlin (1937 - 2008)

"The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." --Thomas Jefferson

HandyDan

Very nice and so true.  Thank you.  It helps. 
1984 Holiday Rambler
1997 Newmar Kountry Star