Camp Pizza

Started by HandyDan, January 22, 2012, 07:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HandyDan

Camp Pizza
I went to the Kansas City Sports Show and sat through the Paddling Gormet's cooking demo.  Basically, how to have a nice meal with no refrigeration required.  I liked this simple pizza recipe.  Very easy to make and actually quite good.  All the ingredients can be kept for up to 10 days without refrigeration. 

FRY PAN PIZZA

Ingredients:  10 inch flour tortillas, packaged pepperoni slices (like Hormel), cheap Pizza Sauce,Grated Parmesan Cheese, oil.

Equipment:  10 inch skillet with cover, spatula.

Directions: Apply oil to skillet.  Over low heat place tortilla on to hot oil.  Quickly add sauce, cheese and pepperoni.  Cover and cook until the crust is crisp and brown and the sauce is bubbly hot.
Usually takes about 5 minutes.  When the tortillas is stiff enough that everything stays on when lifted with the spatula, it is ready to eat., 

1984 Holiday Rambler
1997 Newmar Kountry Star

ClydesdaleKevin

YUM!  That sounds awesome!  And quick too!  I think I'd have to add mozzarella as well.  We used to make them on english muffins as kids...but this sounds way better...very thin crust pizza.

:)ThmbUp

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

moonlitcoyote

I still make them on english muffins. But I am going to have to try this one out. Thanks for sharing!