Welcome to Mike and his 72 Travco

Started by DaveVA78Chieftain, November 27, 2011, 09:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveVA78Chieftain

A big welcome to Mike Simon and his 72 Travco.  He has dug in deep to the bones of his Travco and is making good progress.   You can see the results of his restoration efforts at http://renaissanceofatravco.blogspot.com/.  Lookin good Mike!

Good luck and keep up the great work!

Dave
[move][/move]

ClydesdaleKevin

Welcome Mike!

Looks like a lot of work!  Reminds me of all the structural work we did on the Ark, our first RV when we first joined the club.  The stock brakes, replaced with new components, really do work well in the these things, so if you are on a budget, don't be afraid to keep her stock.  The Ark, a 72 Futura, had the same chassis with a 413 motor, and once I fixed the brakes back to like new, she would stop on a dime.  She was about the same size as your Travco too, but probably a little heaver...lots more plywood.  And I mean, on a dime.  The braking systems in these old things were very well engineered, and work awesomely when everything is updated and like new.

You found the right club to join for your project, I tell ya.  Best bunch of folks on the planet, and the collective knowledge here rivals the library of Congress when it comes to these old rigs!

Kev et al
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

intofire1

Welcome Mike, Looks like a great project.
Wish you well.
Gil in LA

JimVol

Welcome Mike!   My father in law has a travco that he is "restoring". I like helping him with it. But secretly I look forward to the day that he gets tired of the project and offers it to me.  Lol.

Travcos are great.

Thanks
It's kind of fun to do the impossible -  Walt Disney