No Turn Signals

Started by melnsto, January 05, 2012, 06:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

melnsto

We just purchased a 1977 Minnie Winnie, none of the turn signals work. We reviewed the original owners manual that came with it and eliminated the possibility of a blown fuse. We think it may be the turn signal switch, but have had zero luck finding a new switch. Anyone have any ideas on where to find a switch or if there is something we are missing? Any help would be greatly appreciated...we can't wait to hit the road for an overnight to the hot springs and this is keeping us tied down.

This is our first RV and we have plans to go fulltime in it as soon as our lease is up.

ClydesdaleKevin

There is also a flasher relay.  Do the hazards still work, but just not the signals?  Could be the switch or the relay.  I don't have a Dodge parts manual anymore, but the switch is common to many other Dodge vehicles that year...you just have to be able to cross reference it.  If the hazards don't work either, then they either share a relay...not sure with Dodge...or the bulbs themselves are bad, have corroded contacts, or maybe even a bad ground.

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

4winds

If it is the turn signal switch,go to Rock Auto Parts.com.  I got mine from there two yrs ago. Less than 30 dollars and quick service.  Ed

DaveVA78Chieftain

Directional signal switch repair kit should be NAPA Echlin P/N DL6126 

Dave
[move][/move]

4winds

It's a Winnie, keeps one thinking..... W% i??