Brake pedal & throttle through floor boots missing

Started by The_Handier_Man1, November 17, 2008, 11:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Handier_Man1

Sent: 9/13/2005 8:28 PM

Currently there are no seals where the brake pedal and throttle pushrod pass thru the floor on my Dodge RM350 chassis.  Do the Winnebago's have some sort of seal (bellows type?) for this area?  This must have been weatherproof at one time.

Sent: 9/13/2005 11:04 PM

75T......Yes..... there is a rubber boot that seals out around the pedal shaft, similar to stick shifter boots....  there is also one on the steering column...where you could find one???? .....first place I would look is at a Magic Junkyard.....If there are not any Magic Junkyards near you... a regular junk yard will do...just see if they have any trucks in the yard...... find an old step van or bread truck.....I'm sure if you look, you can find one to match or work...bring a tool box with some simple tools and It may look like a regular junk yard , but may turn into a magic junkyard before you leave.......as far as getting them new..they are parobably non-existant....but a good boot is just piece of rubber...one from a donnor vehicle can be brought back to life with a little soap & water, break fluid, and Armor-all....

Timmy

Sent: 9/15/2005 12:00 AM

My thick new carpets are the "boot"...lol.

Kev