Double passenger seat question

Started by Dave Burden, March 31, 2012, 05:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Burden

We have the optional double passenger seat in our '75 Chieftain. It swings around to face the cabin, but hits the outer wall so it can't do a complete 360.  Is it supposed to swing all the way around?  I figure I could move the pedestal over a few inches towards the center of the coach to make it work.

Thanks,
Dave
ex - 1975 Chieftain 25'
1977 Tonka Mighty Winnebago 23"

Dave Burden

Here's the seat facing back, as far as it will swing.

ex - 1975 Chieftain 25'

LJ-TJ

That's about how ours worked. Just keep in mind that if you move it over you might have trouble getting your dog house off when you want to work on the engine. Hm?

Oz

Yup, the OEM seats (with raise-up arm rests) did the same thing in all of ours.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

brians69d24

Mine did the same. I got rid of it.

Dave Burden

Hadn't considered the interference with the dog house.  I will check that before I make any permanent changes.

Thanks,
Dave
ex - 1975 Chieftain 25'

Dave Burden

Today I had one of those 'Doh!' moments with the double seat.  The only thing getting in the way was the molded arm rest on the wall trim.  Figuring this was the Chieftain with all the fancy stuff, maybe the factory just screwed this piece over the paneling that would have been exposed on the Brave and Indian.  I removed all the screws, took off the plastic panel and there was the paneling underneath.  There is a metal C channel going front to back that needs to be painted or covered, but now the passenger seats swings all the way around.

Dave
ex - 1975 Chieftain 25'

LJ-TJ

Now I'm not one hundred percent sure but I'm not sure if you really need that piece of channel. You might and I say might be able to remove it.  Hm?

salplmb

i had the same problem but found that if i removed the factory side handel that slides i was able to swing it all the way around. the handel is held on by a couple clips under the seat that i just slide off then pull the handel out. just slide it back in when we r set to get going again.
hope this helps a little.
sal

78BraveGuy

I have the double seat in my 78 Itasca and it has the dinette directly behind it, so the seat hardly will swivel at all.  I was wondering what a guy has to do to pull the seat out?  It is really a pain to get the doghouse cover off with the seat there and not being able to swivel it much at all.  I can't seem to figure out if there is a quick way to pull the seat out or not.

LJ-TJ

If, IF your seat is the same as in my 1975. If you look under the front of the seat. You'll see a peddle. If you step on the peddle it will allow the seat to lift straight up. It's heavy and you may have to wiggle it back and forth to get it out, but just lift straight up.