Winterize fresh water tank

Started by JDxeper, November 01, 2011, 08:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JDxeper

To add or not to add  RV antifreeze to the fresh water tank is the Question!
Tumble Bug "Rollin in MO" (JD)

DaveVA78Chieftain

Normally no.  Drain it and leave it.  Plenty of expansion ability.
HOwever, if you do not have a pump antifreeze fill port, you pour in tank and pump from there.

Dave
[move][/move]

JDxeper

My pump does not have that option, no hose to fill pump, So it looks like its, pink in the fresh water tank.  That's what I did last year.  Took a long time to flush out the stuff and sanitize the tank again this spring.  But whats time vs money. :laugh:

tiinytina

you can cut in a fitting that has a port allowing the dip tube to the pink stuff directly right before pump....  we never put pink stuff in the tank... just getting the smell out of the water lines takes long enough..even after constant flushing

Tina.
Hi from Gone to the Dawgs! 1987 Tiffin Allegro in Deale MD. CW Rocks!!!

JDxeper

Yes, that's what I'll do. put in a "T".  My pump makes so much noise, I think I am going to replace it and when I do it's "T" time.

ibdilbert01

We just drain the lines using some water valves we stuck in a few places.  Also drain the fresh tank and hot water tank.  Then we pour a little antifreeze in the traps and wait for the season to turn.   W%
Constipated People Don't Give a crap!

jkilbert

to cut or not to cut just depends on where your pump is. in my shasta tt the pump is next to the tank. it was jus a matter of disconnecting the pump and inserting the 3-way valve with pickup tube. on my winnie the tank is on the opposite side of the coach from the pump and hot water tank. because of this and lack of space by the water tank, i put the 3-way valve inline before the pump and also cut the line to put a drain inplace also. this gives me the abilty to drain my water tank without running it through the pump
Greetings from the steel buckle of the rust belt

Cakeman2253

I use the pink stuff, athough I put on of these in a few years ago.
Drain main tank, flip lever on the "T" then stick the tube in a gallon jug and turn the pump on. I run until it goes through the lines. I have seen them cheaper.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RV-Camper-Trailer-Pump-Converter-Winterize-Water-Lines-/330478787039?hash=item4cf21219df&item=330478787039&pt=Motors_RV_Trailer_Camper_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr
God grant me calm seas, A helpful wind, A good catch, And a safe return home

Oz

I bought the pink stuff and... never used it.  I just drained the fresh water tank then ran the pump and opened the water heater drain valve to purge the lines. 
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

JDxeper

I ordered the pump converter kit.