The Alfabago is getting MIGHTY expensive!

Started by OldEdBrady, October 06, 2011, 07:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldEdBrady

I figured once I had the trailer refurbished, major expenses were finished.  HAH!

Our yard runs at a steep slope for most of the lot.  No place to park the thing.  So, when we moved here, I just pulled the trailer into the yard until I could figure something out.

Finally, it was decided to put a parking pad at the back of the lot.  So, found a guy to do the work.  Reasonable price.

As the project went forward, he put in some railroad ties for a wall on the lower end.  Left a HUGE hole that had to be filled.  Told him to use gravel.  So, he ordered it--two different kinds.  One for the bottom layers and another for the top. (I assume using cement might have taken the entire national budgets of the U.S. and Canada.)

Well, brought in the first two loads.  He said it might take 3.  Wanna bet?

Final tally:  65 TONS of gravel (and that is no typo).

I'll get a photo or two tomorrow and post them.

Oz

I'm sorry, I'm confused..... are you making a parking spot for your Travel Trailer or... adding a new State to the Union?  (Edsylvania)
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

OldEdBrady

Just a parking space.  Nothing more.  I know; it came out to a LOT more than was expected.  But, as I said, we have a STEEP slope in the back.

OldEdBrady

Two photos posted.  Not real great.  One is facing the east (from the top of the pad, and well back form it) and the other facing west on the downhill side.

With the cost, I thought it appropriate to put it in the Alfa (or omega) album.

DaveVA78Chieftain

Sheesh,  how many trailers you parking in there?
[move][/move]

OldEdBrady

Just putting the Alfabago in there.  I'll post another photo when I get that done (probably today).

OldEdBrady

The Alfabago is now in her new "home" and the photo is posted with the other Alfa stuff.

JDxeper

Tumble Bug "Rollin in MO" (JD)