norcold not cold

Started by dieseldoc, June 28, 2011, 10:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dieseldoc

my norcold 778eg3 gets hot on the inside when I turn it on.Would it help tp burp it or should I start looking for a replacement?

Oz

It's kind of a pain to take it out burp it and put it back in to see if that's the problem but, if it works, you've saved yourself some cash.  I was hesitant about doing it with the one I put in the Chariot since it had sat for about 8 years unused.  It took three days of turning but, in the end, it cleared and worked excellent.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

tiinytina

it is a royal pain to burp but may work. The Ammonium perchlorate in the system settles out of solution and burping basically mixes it back in... There are a couple places that will rehab the cooling system (think you can find them in the resources section)....  A new dual fridge runs around $1k... and to get our old fridge out of the RV required removing the door and its entire framing because it was obviously put in before the walls went up...

Tina
Hi from Gone to the Dawgs! 1987 Tiffin Allegro in Deale MD. CW Rocks!!!

jkilbert

"burping" the fridge can clear the system to get it working again. if that doesn't work you have a couple options to use. you can buy new at over $1000, you can buy a rebuilt unit for about $600 or buy a rebuilt cooling unit that you install yourself for about $400. or you can go non -rv and buy the $50 dorm fridge.  the Sibir fridge that was in my coach was not rebuildable so i opted for the rebuilt unit. i also went with a larger fridge with a separate freezer. i bought mine from RV Refrigeration Services. they were excellent to deal with
Greetings from the steel buckle of the rust belt