just bought a 1972 C20 brave

Started by WillingtonPaul, June 16, 2011, 11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WillingtonPaul

hello all.  i have wanted an older 20' brave for quite awhile.  i found one in taunton, MA and drove her home to northeast CT this afternoon. she is all stock on the chevy platform, and in pretty damn good shape for a 1972.  she has the rear gaucho and apple green interior, all original. i am gonna go through the inside and have my mechanic go through the engine and drivetrain.  the roof appears to be really solid, but we will see; she was professionally re-tinned in 1987 but has the rooftop air conditioner as a possible weak point.  there is water damage in the front and rear under both the passengers and drivers side windows; the usual stuff that you see.  i might need to take the dash out and get after it properly; the damage in the rear is not nearly as extensive.

looking forward to learning and sharing here on this site.  i will post some pics in a few days.

paul
2010 Keystone Outback 301BQ behind a 2006 F350 CC Lariat 6.0L PSD is our other setup

tiinytina

Welcome! you have found your 100% resource for all things in your old gal.... great group of people.. use the search feature (upper right corner) to look for answers, there usually isn't a problem that someone else hasn't had and solved.. 
tina
Hi from Gone to the Dawgs! 1987 Tiffin Allegro in Deale MD. CW Rocks!!!

LJ-TJ

Hey Paul welcome aboard. Can wait to see pic's of the old Gal. Lots of experience here and lots of help.

WillingtonPaul

Quote from: LJ-TJ on June 17, 2011, 08:14 AM
Hey Paul welcome aboard. Can wait to see pic's of the old Gal. Lots of experience here and lots of help.

thanks for the welcomes, and here is the link to my pics on flickr:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/52363259@N08/sets/72157626876435277/

as you can see, i have alot of work to do inside.  the water damage in the front is from the upper and side clearance lights leaking and also the drivers and passengers side windows.  a pretty common issue, i think....

the roof was re-covered with aluminum in 1987 and in very good shape i think.  it is a very heavy gauge aluminum sheet.  i may leave it for now, but will see when i take the interior roof down...

2010 Keystone Outback 301BQ behind a 2006 F350 CC Lariat 6.0L PSD is our other setup

LJ-TJ

Well done  :)ThmbUp. And I thought Jessy James was dead. Sweet looking ride. We have a 75 21footer and I know your going to have a ball with her. I'm sure you'll enjoy puttering with her.  :)clap

WillingtonPaul

Quote from: LJ-TJ on June 19, 2011, 09:38 PM
Well done  :)ThmbUp. And I thought Jessy James was dead. Sweet looking ride. We have a 75 21footer and I know your going to have a ball with her. I'm sure you'll enjoy puttering with her.  :)clap

thanks for the words of encouragement !  the hardest part is waiting until i can start working on it.....

Arberg0

Nice  looking Winny looks in very good condition and with only minor work needed to the panels you have made a good buy there welcome to the club  :)ThmbUp :)ThmbUp :)ThmbUp
If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little.
George Carlin (1937 - 2008)

"The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." --Thomas Jefferson

JohnnyD111

Hey awesome find.  Question : I see you got this is Taunton, was it the one listed for 500 on CL?  Cause if it was... Im kicking myself in the bum!!!
New project: 1972 wayfarer

DaveVA78Chieftain

BTW your stats say you havea class C.  The Barave is a Class A.  The C-20 designation means you hae a 20 ft unit on a Chevy Chassis.  Nice rig.

Happy Camping
Dave
[move][/move]

WillingtonPaul

Quote from: DaveVA78Chieftain on June 21, 2011, 08:42 PM
BTW your stats say you havea class C.  The Barave is a Class A.  The C-20 designation means you hae a 20 ft unit on a Chevy Chassis.  Nice rig.

Happy Camping
Dave

you are correct, sir; a typo on my part.  i will go in and fix it !

ibdilbert01

Wow, someone who has a brave just like mine!!!    :)clap

(Except mines a dodge....)
Constipated People Don't Give a crap!

tmackx

Yours looks just like mine did when I got it.  Take a look at my pics to get an idea of what the sidewalls look like with the dash out.  Your mirrors are probably just attached to the siding and wobbly.  They should be solid and will be after the new wood goes in.

http://s561.photobucket.com/albums/ss60/tmackx/Winnebago%20Brave/#!cpZZ1QQtppZZ24

ibdilbert01

Awsome Pics!

Na, my mirrors are attached to new wood.    D:oH!

Like you, I've replaced all the wood in the walls of my bago.   :D

A tree fell across my passinger side mirror this spring, bent the miror down, and the mounts are still strong enough you can hang from them. 
Constipated People Don't Give a crap!