Another Trip East

Started by OldEdBrady, June 13, 2011, 09:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveVA78Chieftain

Something tells me the girls will never let him completely retire   :)rotflmao
[move][/move]

LJ-TJ

:)rotflmao Ho! That's an under statement I'm sure.  $@!#@!

OldEdBrady

My Retirement (such as it is) was official on 11/20/2010.  Everything since then has been just setting things up to actually try to enjoy it.  And Dave was right.  They won't let me fossilize.

OldEdBrady

Tonight in a Moe Tell.  Then tomorrow, off to the world!

The stress finally got to me today, and I blew, but I got over it, and everyone survived, so it could have been worse.   :-[

OldEdBrady

Made it to Laramie, Wyo.  That's about it for today.  SWMBO has to drive her vehicle, so she can't put in the mileage I usually try to do.

JDxeper

Be safe out there!

Pack your ice bags.  It a whole lot hot here in Mizery
Tumble Bug "Rollin in MO" (JD)

OldEdBrady

OldEdBrady

Made it to Goodland, Kan.  Not a lot of distsance, but progress.  Spending the night here at the KOA (in a cabin, but, at least, it's not a blasted Moe Tell!).

SWMBO has one of those GPS things in her vehicle (that's because she can get lost in a phone booth).  I'm willing to bet that, over and over today, the thing kept saying "Recalculating."  I used MY shortcuts.

Completely bypassed Cheyennne, Wyo., and Denver.  If I hadn't, we'd probably still be somewhere in central Colorado.  But, been here long enough to relax a little, have a brew, and fire this thing up.

OldEdBrady

Pushed it a bit today, and we're in Oak Grove, Mo.  But, back to a Moe Tell.   :(

Be home sometime tomorrow.  And, a friend of ours is going to turn on the a/c about noon so that it will be cool when we get there.

FINALLY!  It's almost over!   :)clap

OldEdBrady

Now this thread can die.  We arrived about 2 p.m. local.

The friend of ours who was going to turn on the a/c hadn't made it yet.  But that's not her fault.  I didn't expect to be here until about 6.  So, it was screaming hot in the house. And it's gonna take some time to cool it down now.

But, I have the central air going, two window a/cs,  and the thing that cuts down the humidity in the joint.  That all should work in a few hours.

Now all we have to do is unload my truck, her car, and find out what we brought that we don't really need.   W%

LJ-TJ

WOW! The Hydro Company's going to love you. Glad ya told us though that explains the brown out we just experienced.  :)rotflmao

OldEdBrady

JDxeper

Welcome back to Missouri.  :)ThmbUp If you get down Springfield way yell and we'll have a cup of coffee.
JD
Tumble Bug "Rollin in MO" (JD)