"New" 61 Aljo...our Summer project :)

Started by zionadams, March 22, 2011, 08:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zionadams

Hi Guys,

We were lucky enough to find a cheap(ish) 1961 Aljo pull behind by Modernistic Industries. It took us about a week, until we took possession, to learn that this was not some obscure Skyline trailer but actually an Aljo Brand. That alone was an adventure.

There are a few spots of water damage on the mostly beautiful birch interior and one bench has sun damage. Beyond that, it's in great shape. I'll be photographing it more as the restoration process and clean-up happen. For now, there's an album on photobucket and I'll post a few pics here as well. This is the ONLY 1961 Aljo cabover that I've found, there aren't any others on the internet. That makes us feel kinda special but also sorta isolated.

Anyone have access to manuals for this year? Free is really good at this point! We need an electrical schematic (for checks) and also info on the water system.  Y!

Thanks!  ---San

zionadams

I put the photos to date on a 'member album' on here. If you own a similar trailer and can offer wiring or appliance advice, we'd be very grateful!

LJ-TJ

zionadams

Not for the manual. I did look at them for identification and general knowledge about the trailers, ideas, etc.....