1977 Winnebago Elandan 29' Sway Bar/Shocks/Air bags

Started by bainer1290, March 16, 2011, 08:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oz

Good to hear.  Remember, we are talking about 30+ year old RVs and not custom classic autos so, I'm actually rather surprised they made them for as long as did.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

bainer1290

Yes that's true, I just figured why stop making them once you have started? They manufacture them as needed anyways, there's none sitting on the shelf so what would they have to loose as the air bags themselves are used in a handful of other kits too. I can see them being a low selling item but when you have went through the work of designing the brackets and kit why would you say no to a sale?

Oz

Simple.  The demand for air bags for thirty... five... year old RVs is nearly zilch.. so, why should the manuacturer go to the expense of changing the production set-up just to make what? Two or three sets a year?  ... maybe?   Imean, why doesn't Ford, Dodge, Chevy....keep manufacturing all the parts for all the cars of the 1970's?  There were a lot more of them made and they're valuable classics now.  Not enough demand for a major manufacturer to justify the cost of production.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca