Water tank sizes? '85 Southwind

Started by christinaibe, March 02, 2011, 10:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

christinaibe

I am a traveling Pet Groomer, my question is what is the size of my water tank? I just bought a 85 southwind. I just need to know if i need to custom the water tanks to hold more water. I bought the rv from a person an he didnt know the size of the water tank. Thank you.

GWINGER

It depends on what model that you have. I can give you a range.
FRESH WATER= 40-64 GALLONS
GREY WATER=   30-40 GALLONS
BLK WATER =     20-30  GALLONS
To give you exact numbers I need to know how many feet long your RV is.
J

Oz

You can also take measurements and use an online volume calculator.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

tintin

I was wondering about the same thing. If someone knows the capacities for a 29 feet long 86 Fleetwood Southwind M-V Eagle I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Chris

legomybago

Quote from: tintin on August 27, 2016, 05:30 PM
I was wondering about the same thing. If someone knows the capacities for a 29 feet long 86 Fleetwood Southwind M-V Eagle I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Chris
Quote from: Oz on March 03, 2011, 02:50 AM
You can also take measurements and use an online volume calculator.
I wanted to make sure you seen Oz's post.
Never get crap happy with a slap happy pappy

BrianB

You can also figure out the volume manually.  There are 231 cubic inches to a gallon. So multiply the length/width/height measurements of the tank (all in inches) and divide by 231. That's the gallons.
Check out my RV trip planning & prep: http://alaska.boorman.us/

The movie Twister - that research instrument? Yeah, she figured it out.

Rickf1985

If his is anything like mine you cannot physically see the tank. I have no idea how you would ever change it? It appears to be built into the coach when the unit was built and goes across the chassis above the lower compartments.

tintin

Quote from: Rickf1985 on August 30, 2016, 09:26 AM
If his is anything like mine you cannot physically see the tank. I have no idea how you would ever change it? It appears to be built into the coach when the unit was built and goes across the chassis above the lower compartments.

Thank you Rick, you are correct. The water tank is not visible and there is no way to get exterior dimensions. Event though I do have the original manual and folder from Fleetwood, there is no reference to the capacity of the holding tanks.

tintin

The people at Fleetwoodrv.com were super helpful and looked the information up for me.

For the 29 foot MV model the capacities are as follows:

Fresh Water           40 gal
Water Heater           6 gal
Black Water           21 gal
Grey Water            30 gal
Fuel Tank              78 gal
LP Tank                 20 gal