454 Spark Plug and Wires Recommendations

Started by dano, March 25, 2011, 05:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dano

I was wondering what would be the best type of spark plug and wires should I use on my 88 superchief winnebago 454 motor? They haven't been change in 7 years.

Froggy1936

I see this problem is keeping you up at night 4:30 AM post. Anything from a reputable Manufacturer is better than the old ones. Usually the more you pay the better the product. I have always found that whatever the Veh. Manufacturer used for spark plugs is a good choice for replacement. Though the plugs with 2 or more ground electrodes should last longer & silicone wires are better than rubber  Frank    Fuel MPG  rememember you can always buy more gas but you cannot buy more TIME.
"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.

mroyw1

Dano, With all the heat in the engine bay I like the Jacobs ceramic wires and also the NGK split fire spark plugs both seem to work well together. Mike

tiinytina

I like the split fires but was warned off of them... using Motorcraft plugs... but using racing silicone wires... Also make very sure your wires are set into the little finger harnesses located around the engine... use a zip tie to keep them there....  melted a couple wires after mine had  popped off harness....
Tina
Hi from Gone to the Dawgs! 1987 Tiffin Allegro in Deale MD. CW Rocks!!!

dano