Air Bag Suspension by: Air Lift

Started by Oz, November 16, 2008, 11:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oz

Sent: 11/13/2005 12:48 PM

Rating: out of 5

Air bag adjustable suspension system added to leaf springs. 

Positive: 4 out of 5

Provides additional load capacity, restores stability to suspension and improves handling.  Front and rear available for most rigs.  Check listings for vehicle applications.  Available for Class A: M300 through M600 and Class C: B350.  Can be purchased as a system with on-board compressor and regulator to adjust ride and load capacity while driving and as a leveler while camping.  2 Year warranty on bag system only, lifetime warranty if complete system is purchased.  Easy installation with just a few common hand tools and drill.  Front system a little more difficult than rear.  About 2 hours per axle.  Be sure to leave adequate clearance from brake lines.

Negative: 1 out of 5

Expensive, but definitely worth it if you can afford it.

Evaluation:

I installed both front and rear sets on my '74 Indian over a year ago.  Made a WORLD of difference!  No more white knuckling at the wheel when being passed by trucks or in a cross wind.  No more slowing down to 10 mph on curves and off-ramps because the rig feels like it will roll-over on its side.  Takes a few drives to dial-it-in to the psi you like for your particular rig.  I'd like the on-board, adjustable compressor system, but don't have the money.  They also have self-adjusting systems now too.  (if you happen to have a pile of dusty cash just lying around).  Can be easily used for leveling in a campground with a very small air compressor, just don't forget to even it back out before leaving!  Cost me around $275 total for both axles at the time.  Do some shopping for the best price!

Sources:

http://www.airliftcompany.com/new-index/Frameset.htm

Use this link to find your vehicle.  Use the side-bar options on the site for descriptions, warranty info, and technical data.

Check other sources for competitive prices:  Camping World, TruckSprings.com and a host of others.

- Sob

Sent: 1/31/2006 5:35 AM

By the Way everybody,

They're often on sale at Camping World!

Tom
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca