Need info for electric fuel pump - 1989 Elandan

Started by djlgnd, October 21, 2016, 12:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djlgnd

help!! need info on electric fuel pump on this unit has Ford 460 and do not know what chassis it has.
can e-mail me if you have info on this, @  carl_franchuk AT hotmail (dot) com

thnx DJLGND/ carl Franchuk

cook elandan

you need to give more information for what you are looking for otherwise you may get answers all over the board.

Rickf1985

Is it fuel injected or carburetor? Assuming it is injected it is probably the same pump that is used on that year F-350 pickup with the 460. Not positive but since nobody else is answering that is the direction I would go. Do you have the old pump out? Take it with you for comparison. Another option is to call Winnebago and ask them, they may have a listing for it.

kenwautoone

If it is an in tank fuel pump,do not use an Airtex pump!!!! Look for motorcraft or Ac delco brand.They may be a little harder to find,but much better choice in long run.i retired from auto parts business ,never warranted delco or motorcraft......Ken

Rickf1985

Since we still don't know exactly what you are working with you might also want to read through this post. there are some good points on why the pump may not be working.

http://www.classicwinnebagos.com/forum/index.php/topic,9430.msg0.html#new

DaveVA78Chieftain

1st: You need to locate the John Deere VIN plate so you can get the chassis info. You would either have a RV1000 or RV1200 chassis.

2nd: You need to purchase the John Deere Chassis Service manual from the site store.

3rd: Download the John Deere Chassis Parts Manual.  Fuel pump on pdf page 36.  I believe this will be listed as a RW23 pump in the aftermarket.
[move][/move]

djlgnd

Looking for a complete sending unit at this point, i pulled the tank and the corrosion is nasty, it is a 3 hose and a 3 pin plug, as well as 10 bolts. I called Ford on their Obsolete parts line and they have nada, 1989 Elandan with a ford 460 engine and a 75 gallon tank will post pictures shortly, i might want to replace fuel cell as well as it looks pretty messy inside any ideas on this as well

Warren

That existing fuel tank can be cleaned at radiator shops, instead of  a new tank.   Or do it yourself - there are some great tank cleaners - I've used
ZEP industrial cleaner, Marine Clean (POR15 product) with great results. 

DaveVA78Chieftain

QuoteI called Ford on their Obsolete parts line and they have nada, 1989 Elandan with a ford 460 engine and a 75 gallon tank will post pictures shortly, i might want to replace fuel cell as well as it looks pretty messy inside any ideas on this as well

John Deere parts manual says the pump P/N number is rw24286
12V, 45 gal/hr, 8 psi pump

That crosses to:
Walbro Series 6000 pump FRB-4

[move][/move]

djlgnd

where can i find that john deere parts manual? thank you for the help, i actually rebuilt the whole damn pump. the only original part it the flat steel cap that screws to the tank, all the tubes pump,filter and guts are brand new.

djlgnd

Quote from: DaveVA78Chieftain on January 21, 2017, 09:41 PM

That crosses to:

djlgnd

Quote from: DaveVA78Chieftain on January 21, 2017, 09:41 PM

That crosses to:
thanks got that issue fixed by rebuilding it from scratch just used exsisting sender cap, rebuilt tubes and new pump as well as float. thanks for input

djlgnd

Quote from: Warren on January 20, 2017, 12:24 AM
That existing fuel tank can be cleaned at radiator shops, instead of  a new tank.   Or do it yourself - there are some great tank cleaners - I've used
ZEP industrial cleaner, Marine Clean (POR15 product) with great results.

thanks for input got the job done, also have the pump rebuilt all new inside

DaveVA78Chieftain

[move][/move]

djlgnd

well the local rad shop did an amazing job. They cleaned coated and moved the filler and vent nipples back 8 inches for 600 bucks but now the tank works. all my issues are solved. Yayy!!! thank goodness. The fuel pump/ sending unit has been completely rebuilt, the only original part is the cap even the pick up tubes are new. Almost ready for a filling and making sure the engine fires up