Only one black/gray water tank?

Started by MSN Member, May 23, 2010, 01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

13503gds

Sent: 10/16/2007

I don't know why I didn't notice sooner while I have crawling under Winzilla but I notice that their is just 1 holding tank for bth the black & gray water. Is this normal? She is a 74 D21. As I have camped for the past 20 years in various makes of trailers which always had both tanks this strikes me as odd. We would usually leech off the gray water daily visa vee showers, dish washing etc. & pump the black water tank but after a week. Looks like I need to add & re-pipe the existing tank.

ibdilbert01

Sent: 10/16/2007

Mine is a 72, and I only have one tank as well. I too find it odd, but I think its normal for this era of winnies. I can shut off a valve that keeps the black water in the tank, and everything else bypasses the tank and comes out the exit valve. I plan on adding a second gray-water tank this spring.
Constipated People Don't Give a crap!

firehart2

Sent: 10/17/2007

My 73 Brave has two tanks but only one exit.

Oz

One of the many, many oddities of the classic Winnebago's.  Yes, the early, short models only had one holding tank.

- Sob
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

Lefty

Not just the short early ones came that way, our '76 Chieftain is a 27' model and it too only has the one tank.
But I plan to correct that as soon as I get the bathroom removed.
I reserve the right to reject your reality and substitute my own...

camperguynj

Sent: 10/23/2007

Yes, one holding tank. In the '69 owner's manual that I just found, it suggests that outer screw cap remain on and the valve pulled so the gray water would have a place to go rather than up through the shower drain. It also, states that you can close the valve, unscrew the end cap and place a bucket (as good camper etiquette) under it to catch the gray water sos as not to form a puddle or cause detergent kill .