Weight of Air Conditioner unit

Started by MSN Member, May 16, 2010, 11:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tatkin

Sent: 4/11/2006

On average, does anyone know what that AC unit on the roof might weigh in at Thanks ...

denisondc

Sent: 4/11/2006

90 to 115 lbs, depending on make, 13.5k or 15k, and whether you count the plastic shroud or not.
Each time my Winny goes over a big bump on the highway I think about that weight on that thin roof.

Slantsixness

Sent: 4/12/2006

I weighed my original Duo-therm Air-conditioner before I re-installed it. It seemed heavier than 100Lbs when we took it off and I was concerned it was too heavy and outdated... in came in at a whopping 122 Lbs, including the inside cover, switch panel and topside mounting plate.

The old crusty AC cleaned up really well, and works as good as a new one, so it stayed..

The old Coleman AC units are considerably lighter. 
Remembering My 72 D20RG Brave "Smurfbago" The old girl never let me down, and she's still on the road today. quick! get out the Camera... I spotted another junkyard full of Winnies...

Oz

Sent: 4/12/2006

As I recall, my Carrier V A/C weighed in at 99 lbs.  - Sob
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

tatkin

Sent: 5/11/2006

I just ordered a Carrier off ebay 13.5 size ...

ClydesdaleKevin

Sent: 6/26/2006

Good choice on the Carrier!  OLD A/C units, at least the old Duo-Therm that WAS on our roof, weigh a ton!  Well, maybe not a whole ton, but while I could easily lift my new Carrier up onto the roof, I simply could NOT heave the old Duo-Therm down with ease, and ended up dropping it...it was freaking heavy!  I'm a big guy, and a couple of hundred pounds is child's-play...that old Duo-Therm seemed like it weighed 300 pounds...it was a beast!

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.