Amessage to All New Members (and those just thinking about it)

Started by OldEdBrady, March 06, 2010, 11:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldEdBrady

This group is one of the most fantastic I've run across for vintage RVs of ALL kinds. 

Originally (in another setting) it was for vintage Winnebago owners (thus the primary name), but now it encompasses ANYONE with an RV--and those without an RV.

We learn, we have fun, and we solve many of the RV problems we run into.

There are many site that provide assistance of one sort or another, and, if you have found them don't lose them.  But, here, you get your information/help from those who live with these old rigs (and, in some cases, live IN them).

Welcome to every one of you, joining member, or just browser.

LJ-TJ

:)clap              Oh Boy! Jimbo better start to day  getting ready for the big Classic Winnebago & Vintage RV CONVENTION. I got a feel'n she going to be a big one this year. All the more reason to help us with our "Pull the Chariot" project if you can see your way clear to help out that is. This is getting exciting. Poor Jimmy.  :)rotflmao

Oz

Absolutley!  In less than a month, we've seen our new member registration leap by over 50 new sign-ups.  Those looking to buy, previous members and folks owning all makes and models of RVs. 

No matter what you own, CWVRV is the place to be!
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

newellkev

The only way out.......Is through !!!!!!!

ClydesdaleKevin

When Patti and I first joined this group, when it was still called Classic Winnebagos, we owned a 1972 Futura, a motorhome of obscure origins that was made in Carson City, CA for just a couple of years on a Dodge M350 chassis with a 413 engine.  We were welcomed with open arms and given friendship, advice, and physical help from Tom and Maryanne, one of the nicest couples you'll ever meet. 

Even though we now own a 77 Itasca, this club has ALWAYS embraced all comers, whether they had a classic Winnebago or not.  All you had to do was LIKE classic and vintage motorhomes, even if all you owned was a tent or less! 

This is the best bunch of folks out there, and I am proud and privileged to call them my friends.

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

Oz

In fact, the original name of the group was Classic Winnebago Motorhomes.  I proudly own a cracked coffee mug and a license plate with it's logo.

Trivia:

What was the RV make which won the Best of Jamboree Award for the very first jam ever held in 2003?
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

tiinytina

Travco!

yes on all counts. Found the group when looking at a 1987 Chieftain and was invited to stay after purchasing a 1987 Tiffin Allegro 5 years ago, heck I'm now a trustee and your treasurer, store shipper, and little Graphics Technical officer (or Lil' GTO - as mark likes to call me)...

This group of folks is the coolest bunch you'll ever meet, and there has not been one question involving these old gals that someone on the site hasn't gotten answered....

The only caveat to membership is that you will have to name your rig...  Hm?

Welcome

Tina

Hi from Gone to the Dawgs! 1987 Tiffin Allegro in Deale MD. CW Rocks!!!