Painting stove top

Started by MSN Member, April 12, 2010, 11:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tatkin

Sent: 5/3/2006

Rusty stove top.   High temp paint I guess, but will painting it have negative side effects ??  Anyone done this ?

78brave1

Tom hi temp paint is just fine for the stove top , I painted mine 2 years ago and have not had any problems . Hope this helps you out.

Oz

Same here.  Used hi-temp, gloss black.  Looked good and lasted.  - Sob
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

naturefreak747

Sent: 5/23/2006

Hey new here but have painted lots of stove tops in my maintenance job. We use the new acrilic latex for applinces. just make sure to scuff and buff the surface you wish to paint. And I like to final clean with finger nail polish remover, less gunk left behind. it isn't hi-temp but haven't had a prob. yet and some elec. stoves get mighty hot. when done right it leaves a super shiney surface just like a new stove.  It comes in many colors, and thats a plus

tamm_me

Sent: 5/24/2006

Last summer we took a wire brush to Maggie's stove top, we removed as much rust as possible. I then washed it good to remove all of the dust, and let it set until good and dry. We then put a couple coats of high temp engine paint in gloss black. We haven't had any problems since. I would like to add we also painted the stove hood to match.

Tam