Where is the fuel crossover solenoid?

Started by bago, April 19, 2010, 08:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bago

I need to locate the solenoid and trouble shoot the problem. When I  move the selector switch on the instrument panel the gauge indicates that it has switched from one tank to the other, but, the tanks do not switch. Even though it shows that the switch was made from one tank to the other,it will only take fuel from the main tank. The auxiliary tank is full but I can't draw from it.
I have a 1986 winnebago chieftian class A motor home with 454 Chevy engine.     

4winds

on a P-30 chassis, it is on rt. frame rail just aft of transmission.  Should have 2 lines in and 1 out, 1 wire power  Ed

ClydesdaleKevin

On our 77 P30 chassis, the fuel selector solenoid valve is right under the floor near the front right (passenger) side of the chassis.  On ours, its RIGHT under the floor under the steps coming into the coach...we have a 27 footer with only one door, and the door is near the front.  If yours is like that, look under the steps and up at the bottom of the floor.  Worse case scenario, just get under your rig and look at the fuel lines running from each tank to the front!  Simple logic.  Any line coming from the tanks HAS to run into and intersect the crossover solenoid.  Just follow the lines.

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

jkilbert

on my 77 D26 brave it's mounted on the inside of the right frame rail near the fuel tanks
Greetings from the steel buckle of the rust belt

mccarterj

On my 84 Chieftain there is a heat shield over the exhaust on the passenger side in front of the muffler. The solanoid and fuel filter are covered by the heat shield, gues it is there to protect them, but it took me a while to find them because they were covered. Good luck