repair your fridge and save alot of money!

Started by 78brave1, March 23, 2010, 11:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

78brave1

The most common question asked by people is "how difficult is it to change the cooling unit in my rv refrigerator" and "is this something I can do myself." Well, changing the cooling unit isn't as difficult as it might appear. There are no special tools required, no welding or solder connections to make, the cooling units simply bolt to the back of the refrigerator. Most people with average mechanical ability and a basic set of hand tools can change the cooling unit in there refrigerator in a few hours. I changed mine out and saved over $1,000 and my fridge is brand new again. It is something to give thought too when your fridge won't cool. Here is a link to the site.  http://www.rvfridgestore.com/index.html

jddrivfour

FYI- I was getting ready to order new cooling unit - "having checked everything". took out the tube where the gas is mixed and burns at the base of the refrigerator. Had flame and all but cooling marginal- thought it was clogged cooling tubes-
turned out the rust inside the tube and at thecut ridges blocked the full flame.

removed assembly and cleaned completely and fridge has worked perfect last 3 seasons!!!!!!!!