Patti's Chicken Cacciatore, Sicilian Style!

Started by ClydesdaleKevin, March 10, 2010, 11:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ClydesdaleKevin

Okay folks!  Here is the recipe you've all been waiting for!  Patti's Chicken Cacciatore, Sicilian Style!  Due to the overwhelming reception to the dish that she received at the Nittany Mountain Jam, Patti has graciously written it all down for you so you can enjoy a gourmet dish...in an RV oven!

"Patti’s Chicken

Skinless boneless chicken breasts (one per person usually will satisfy per serving, they are thick)

Progresso Italian Bread Crumbs (Great flavor)

Eggs (beaten)

Parmesan and Romano grated cheese

Mozzarella cheese strips or pieces (whichever is cheaper)

Jar or can spaghetti sauce (don't panic it tastes like home made because of the chicken coatings)

Baking pan

Topping

Sliced Mushrooms (I like portabella’s)

One each red, yellow, orange and green pepper

One sweet onion (sliced thin)

BUTTER

White wine

Gourmet pepper ( The kind you get in a grinder)

Slice peppers, chop mushrooms and onion season to taste then fry till tender in butter. Add wine, salt and pepper drain excess and set aside.

Dip chicken breast into beaten eggs and roll in breadcrumbs.

Fry to a golden brown in oil, remove and blot on paper towel

Dip into egg again and roll in Romano and parmesan cheese

Fry a second time to a golden brown

Remove

Place a small amount of sauce into baking pan (enough to coat it) lay chicken into pan cover with sauce, cover with mozzarella cheese and veggie topping sprinkle with more parmesan and romano bake at 325 for 30 minutes and enjoy the rave reviews!"

You're all gonna love this!

Kev and Patti

Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

ClydesdaleKevin

You guys REALLY have to try this if you haven't already!  My mouth is watering just thinking about it!  EVERYthing Patti cooks is awesome, but this is over the top delicious...the only thing I've eaten that is better is fresh Maine lobster, and this runs a VERY close second!

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.