Tune up was a PITA

Started by jmccarrell, June 09, 2010, 11:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmccarrell

Hey all,
   So yesterday I got plugs, wires, cap, and rotor for my 1973 Dodge Winnebago Chieftain with the 413. I spent most of the day doing this project. It took me forever to figure out where the #1 wire was supposed to go on the distributor. Thank goodness for Ebay and somebody that was smart enough to label his distribitor cap. I am more of a Ford guy so I am not very familiar with Mopar. It was a very trying day but I got it done and the old 413 sounds good now. I still need to lean her out a bit being she is running a bit rich being I can smell the gas in the exhaust. Again not too sure as to what adjustments need to be made to the Carb to get her right but I know I'll figure it out. I do know that she has a Holley 4 barrel on her. There are 2 adjusting screws on each side of the carb towards the front of the engine and I'm assuming those are for adjusting the fuel mixture. If anyone knows for sure please let me know. Thanks again for any help that I may recieve while being a part of this forum. Cheers to scraped up hands and bloody knuckles...lol!

Oz

"Scraped up knuckles and bloody hands..." are like standard equipment with this Mopar big blocks.

Good info already on the boards about Holleys and carbs in general.  If you can't find the specifics you're looking for, then post a new topic.

Congrats on your PITA tune-up.  Same principles, just a little different configuration.  And, having a manual certainly helps... a LOT!  The eManual for your rig is available in the Store at much less than you'll find anywhere else.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca