Thanks for great service

Started by Dunnohow2, October 31, 2009, 02:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dunnohow2

Hi all,

This is not intended as a rant nor spam advertizing.

Nowadays, it seems to me that customers are secondary features of business operations.  Today, the focus is on owner/shareholder value and super profits/dividends.  Sometimes, particularly when trying to buy vehicle components, I feel like I am being a nuisance.  From my experiences and discussions with friends, women are not expected to be mechanical engineers but rather poor ignorant souls who can continue to be ignored.

Similarly, customers often neglect to compliment good service - other than in restaurants perhaps.

I want to say a very sincere THANK YOU to Geoffrey Rozenberg at Alretta Truck Parts, Inc in Framingham, MA.  To say he went the extra mile would be totally understated.  He spent a long time talking with me by phone (508-788-9409) about how my brake system works and how to find problems and fix them.  He is truly a sage of truck knowledge. 

I ordered a master cylinder from him on 22 October and was told it would be mailed that day.  I received a Notification of Payment email that same day and the part, in its original 1973 Mopar box with fitting and bleeding instructions arrived yesterday, October 30.

Not only does he sell you the part(s) you need, he recommends other people and businesses that might be useful.  My other therapies are restoring Land-Rovers and British motorcycles and he gave me some email addresses and names of people with the same insanity.

I would like to believe that all members have received equally good service from Geoffrey and other sources.  For those members who have not had dealings with Alretta I am most impressed and happy to recommend Alretta to everyone.

Sincerely, Jenni.

Oz

Geoff at Alretta has provided very hard to find brake and chassis components to our members for many years.

The vast majority of members state that they have received excellent service and Geoff used to be a member of the group, and the only person allowed to promote his business here as there was a advertisement policy while on MSN groups.

However, there were a few members who expressed extreme dissatisfaction with his services.  Because the number of these dissatisfied members was inordinately high, a review needed to be done to consider if Alretta should be allowed to continue direct advertising on the site.  The members submitted their issues and Geoff submitted his responses.

The results were submitted to the Board of Trustees for evaluation.  The decision was made to allow him to remain a contributing member, but disallow direct advertising.

I never dealt with him for parts so I was unbiased.  But I did have to handle the situation, and therefore I was the primary contact with him in this issue.  When presented with the determination results, Geoff was, to use as minimally strong words as possible, less than professional in his response.  I still have all the correspondence relating to this issue.

He quit the group.  Despite his adamant rejection of the member/customer's complaints, and his harsh diatribe to me in response to the decision to cease his privilege of direct advertising, in fairness to all, I continued to list his business in our Resources and have allowed all Topic references citing him as a resource to be fully accepted

1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca