MESSAGE POSTING RULES - A NEED TO READ

Started by Oz, August 26, 2009, 11:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oz

Rules for Posting On the Message Boards
To help every member have a more enjoyable and beneficial experience,
please read and observe the following rules:

"Message Search" before posting a new topic:
This will prevent having multiple Discussions on the same topic.

Put it in the right place:
Use the right message board according to the board descriptions.

* Telling Titles:  Put the nature of your issue in the topic title.

Example:  "Exhaust problem" or just "Exhaust" is vague. "Exhaust manifold leak" is an accurate title.

Don't post a topic with the title of just, "Help!"
I don't think I need to explain that one!

Multiple questions of a different nature:
Make a separate Discussion for each question on its corresponding message board.  A lot of vital information gets buried in "hijacked" threads.  Some discussions take natural turns into related areas but, if a topic goes somewhere else completely, I will most likely split the topic into a new one.

Use the GENERAL Board if:
you have questions unrelated to the RV tech boards, want to introduce yourself, share a camping story or humor, or have a topic that just doesn't fit anywhere else. All technical questions must be posted on the corresponding message board.

Use the MISCELLANEOUS Board for:
topics of an RVing nature but don't really fit any of the other board subjects.   Like:  Solar - WiFi - Insurance, etc.  (Please read the board descriptions for topic content.)   

Do not use "ALL CAPS" in your titles:
This is reserved for managerial posts only.

IMPORTANT:  Don't put your email address in posts!
Spammers use "spiders" - programs which "crawl" the HTML code of openly visible web pages looking for and recording  email addresses.  The best method to avoid this though is to use the Personal Messaging system if you want to share your e-mail with other members.

* Attachments:  Attachments are limited to 4 per post.  Size is limited to 4mb total, 1mb each.

** Only diagrams or photos or technical resources may be attached to posts in technical topics to show parts or diagrams, etc. which would otherwise be difficult to describe.

* Other Pictures:
Other pictures you would like to put in posts should be saved off-site and embedded or embedded from your gallery album.   
Pictures used in the signature line of your profile may be RV related or of a personally meaningful nature.  Please limit your signature line photos to not more than 150 x 150 pixels in size. Personal websites, website links, or images promoting other websites or businesses, topics or events are not permitted without prior approval of the Administrator.

Full & Life Members may upload avatars to the server, sized at a maximium of 120x120 pixels.  Charter members may link to avatars saved off-site.

Forum Conduct:
Treat others with respect and everyone will get along just great.  Any insulting, "baiting or trolling" or statement of an offensive nature may result in the immediate removal of the offending member from the community.  If a Full Member or Life Member is banned for misconduct, any membership upgrade fee paid will be forfeit.

Following these basic rules will ensure you will be able to find and share info as effectively as possible.

Enough of rules.  Go have fun!

Your Forum Contact:

Mark Sobyak
Administrator
PM or:  mmsobyak (AT) yahoo  DOT com
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

Oz

Look at your "my mail" tab.
There should be a message there.

RVSTEVE

Not sure if  this is where I should the administrator know that I did purchase a service manual and a parts manual and only the service manual link will let me download it. Everytime I click on the  download  for my parts manual I get the message my download minimum has been reached. What am I doing wrong?     Thanks

Oz