Been awhile...back to the site

Started by chicknnhead, July 27, 2009, 02:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chicknnhead

I finally got a chance to go out and look for classic Winny group on the web last week and found groups to be gone!. luckily I found this site. admin got me all set up again..thanks to the staff for keeping this group/site going.

i have been around since 2005 and always found this site wonderful source of info and most of all great people.

while i was away (and missed the whole converting period of the site) my wife and I had our second child, a baby girl in March, she was born 10 weeks early @ 2.5lbs and 14inches long. she is doing great now and is getting ready for her first camping trip the 2nd weekend in august.  our son who is now 7 started camping with us at 6 months old

I have spent the past year getting the motorhome ready, whole new roof, fixed the hot water heater, toilet, lights. added the BBQ extender valve. i have had the camper for 6 years but jsut couldn;t find the time. well i finally made time. the biggest mods have come in the form of the front body. I'm into custom vans and wanted the 70's custom van look for my class c, it has taken me a few yeas to gather the parts and get them painted and now installed but it finally came together.

it's a 1976 dodge class C brougham 360v8. 3 beds, rear bath with seperate shower the cab has been redone dash wiring, cb radio, even custom highback dual arm reat swival seats on the inside. the outside has had steps below the doors, flares, custom hood, headlight covers, chrome wheel simulators and custom turn signals added. so far it gets lots of looks and thumbs up.

future things include, backup camera(have need to install), Reese hitch(has bumper hitch now) tinted windows on the camper driver side. custom grill(have need to install) in dash CD player(have it need to figure out wiring)

the camper gets used 5 times a year all on trips for more the 200 miles each
with the new baby we missed the first 2 outtings of the year but we are planning on heading to Indiana in two weeks for a little trip with the kids. can't wait.

anyway just figured i would post and say hello and hope to pass some of you along the highway some day

Clyde9

Welcome Welcome Mick,

Great to have you here. Your rig is looking good too! I should say welcome Back!! Hope you enjoy the site. I am sure you remember some of the regulars here. Since i have not been here that long, Good to meet you!!

Jack

Oz

A fine restoration and even finer customization!  Looking forward to your photo album.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

chicknnhead

thanks for the kinds words. looking forward to reading and see about 001