Great Radiator source!

Started by GulfCoastFighter0, June 20, 2009, 05:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GulfCoastFighter0

I was searching for a replacement radiator from my `80 Minnie Winnie.  It was a heavy duty, 4 core unit with a engine oil cooler and tranny cooler. My local radiator shop wanted $329, auto parts stores wanted $250 and I found several online for around $225 with shipping.

When I looked on www.autopartswarehouse.com , they had several different ones from $198 to $300 and had free shipping. I wasn't sure about the "Silla" brand for $198 so I called for info. They didn't have any more info than the site showed, which was all aluminum with both coolers. No idea about rows or cores. They have a 22 day return policy, and the lady on the phone gave me $10 off. I chose regular shipping but they offered next day for $49. I ordered on Sunday, and when I got home Tuesday it was on my porch! That was quick for ground shipping!

I opened the box expecting a 1 row cheapo radiator but I was surprised! It only had two rows, but they are 1.5" each! The radiator had all the correct fittings, all aluminum, welded and looked better than the $500 custom aluminum radiator I had built for my racecar! The customer service is a joke, but I wanted to let everyone know about the deal I got, and the quality of the Silla radiator.
1980 Minnie Winnie
1971 Bethany Citation 86
1971 Airstream Ambassador
NRA Recruiter

ibdilbert01

Very good info!  Thanks for sharing your experience!  I've got to find a replacement for mine, as bars stop leak is holding back a few leaks and one of the brackets in the corner has broken off the top tank.   
Constipated People Don't Give a crap!

Elandan

Just for some information.  All aluminum cores are 1" or thicker so if you get a 2 core radiator in aluminum it is the same thickness as a 4-core conventional radiator which have 1/2 inch cores.
1984 Elandan - P30 Chassis - 454 Engine
Mods: Doug Thorley Headers