The making of a Master

Started by DaveVA78Chieftain, June 03, 2009, 03:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveVA78Chieftain

You know, now that we got a shout box, a news box, ulitmate profiles, buddy lists, etc.
We may end up having to pay Mark web developer fees.
He keeps getting more and more fancy.
Now if we get a hoola skirt box with coconut buttons I know were in trouble.

Keep up the good work Mark  :)clap

Dave
[move][/move]

Oz

Thanks Dave!

I must say that, when MSN made it inevitable that we'd have to move to greener pastures, I was heavy with anxiety knowing that I would have to jump into a sea of total alien computer codes and methods in order to get us there.  For the first few months, to say it was a monumental challenge would be like saying the sun is warm.  However, Dave Heckman, Moderator of CFO, helped me as much as he could technically and even more with moral support, as well as several other devout CW members providing the "can do, we're in it with you" help.  There's a really, really big learning curve involved if you never went to school for HTML, PHP, CSS, BBC, and DB management.  I started at the very bottom of that slope, but I'm steadily climbing.

There are many unfinished tasks in just about every area of the site since there always seems to be a glitch or hitch involved when customizing things.  Still, things have developed rapidly and, for the most part, successfully.  Our growing community and knowledge that all these things help our members enjoy the our website along with it's tangible value for providing excellent info and resources for the maintenance and repair of our classic RVs is what makes it all worth while and keeps me wanting to expand the features and benefits of the CW experience.

"Hoola skirt box with coconut buttons..."  Hmmmm.... plese don't tempt me... it's definitely doable - LOL!

1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca