Border Rules Change Monday

Started by Arberg0, May 29, 2009, 01:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arberg0

On Monday June 1, 2009, the U.S. government changes the border ID requirements on what you need to carry to prove citizenship, when you cross the border at Canada. Buffalo's Early News and WBEN.com focused on the new rule Friday, and has what you need to know.

Customs officials assure U.S. and Canadian citizens  that, if otherwise admissible, they will be able to re-enter the United States when the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI) is implemented for land and sea travel on June 1, but they also say that proper documents will speed the process.
please go to this page to read up on the details and how it affects you

http://www.dhs.gov/xtrvlsec/crossingborders

arberg0 aka william
If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little.
George Carlin (1937 - 2008)

"The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." --Thomas Jefferson

Arberg0

if you have problems with the link given try this

http://www.dhs.gov/xtrvlsec/crossingborders

arberg 0 aka william
If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little.

"The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." --Thomas Jefferson

mightybooboo

When did we become East Germany for crying out loud...."Let me see your papers COMRADE"

Bye bye America,it was nice while freedom lasted.

JDxeper

I thought those changes were made last year ?    Passports!
Tumble Bug "Rollin in MO" (JD)

Arberg0

Beginning June 1, 2009

• U.S. citizens entering the United States at sea or land ports of entry are required to have documents that comply with the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI), most commonly a U.S. passport, a passport card, a trusted traveler card such as NEXUS, SENTRI or FAST, or an enhanced driver's license.

arberg0

ibdilbert01

Quote from: JD78BRAVE1 on June 10, 2009, 08:40 PM
I thought those changes were made last year ?    Passports!

Kinda sorta.   By air, you needed a passport.  By land or sea, you just needed credentials to prove who you are.    Now you need a passport, or passport card.   And next year you'll need to make a small donation of  50 US dollars, 3.623 trillion pesos, 1 Euro or your firstborn.   By what I've read, the issue is crossing into the US, not into Canada.   
Constipated People Don't Give a crap!

JDxeper

Keep Canada GREEN as long as you can get can get back into the good ole USof A.
Used a passport for the last 10 years anyway!! LOL   Need more ID than that to get your Driver's License in MO!!!
Tumble Bug "Rollin in MO" (JD)

Froggy1936

I went yesterday to apply for a passport Now necessary to visit Canada or Mexico or travel by road to Alaska The instructions tell you to bring your official state issued birth certificate, your photo id drivers license, and a credit card. (Optional a filled out form for application) Due to all the info needed on the form i reccomend downloading it at home from government website. If you are going to apply at any satellite office also you will need a check (they forget to mention this) Cost is $100.00 and it is good for 15 years  Process takes about 20 min Frank
"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.