Where should I place a fresh water filter

Started by bill_never_paid, May 16, 2009, 12:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill_never_paid

Sent: 7/22/2008

After replacing my metal tank and pressure pump and going with a plastic tank and surflo pump I think I need to put in a filter system. I use the tablets - antibac- in the fresh water tank as only have a fill system-hooked up-not a city water system although I could change it to either or system. My unit (fresh water tank) is located under the rear sofa--set back---and I have a hose coming out (3'about) to a surflo pump then about 2'max to the metal line to the system (coach). There is no room under the sink--this is a 20' class "C"--- but could move the pump closer to the fresh water tank. I would like to run a filter--anti bac the works-- after the fresh water tank. They make a laydown- up to 10" filter-that I could attach to either side of the pump or if I had to I could mount a stand up---not a lot of room to the couch bottom--and figure a way to stabilize it upright. What do you think?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?
Bill--------------

Oz

Sent: 7/24/2008

You can put the filter between the the fresh water tank and pump or after it.  After it would ensure maximum draw from the tank and also filter anything which might enter from the pump itself in the event of a leak or gasket breaking down, etc.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca