Fresh Water Tanks leak when filling

Started by MSN Member, April 17, 2009, 05:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevellin

Sent: 5/14/2005

Before I go poking around I started to fill the water tank via the city connection, water started running out the bottom theres a couple tubes coming through the floor; I assume its the drains. Any idea where they shut off looks like I have two tanks in the rig, one sits under the dining seat compartment next to the counter the other is big its under the sink/counter against wall. Checked around inside on the floors figuring it was a major leak but its all dry inside.So I am thinking drain plugs so do these tanks come with drain plugs. My rig is a 79 Chieftain M500 model

Sea Hag

Sent: 5/15/2005 12:50 PM

There should be a valve by each tank to drain them for the winter . mine are located where the feed line comes out of the tank . Some were installed under the floor boards accessible from under the rig . Sea Hag

DaveVA78Chieftain

Sent: 5/15/2005

You should find drain valves located at all low spots for both hot and cold fresh water piping.  My 78 Chieftain has a cold one at the tank, hot & cold in the bathroom and another hot & cold set between the hot water tank and the kitchen sink.  You simply have to track them all down.  Just remember both hot and cold water lines have them.

Dave
[move][/move]

kevellin

Sent: 5/18/2005

I found them I called the old owner, he noted that they made some mods through the years, they were basicly in the same place just way up under the sinks. I had to go in up behind the dinette seat up to the shoulder and I found them. Took a little bleach and filled the tanks about half way and then went for a drive drained  rinsed and good to go. Its amazing how many people come up and want to gawk at the rig. Things like wow man a classic and geeze you dont see these anymore. Make you feel pretty good, I have a hell of a mess in there but the roof is fixed just need to put in some new wood here and there and then some cosmetics, keeps me out of trouble on the weekends. Thanks for the help