Faulty/Sticky Gauge on my LP tank

Started by Froggy1936, March 28, 2009, 08:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Froggy1936

Does anyone know the expiration date on a horizontal propane tank (original equipment as far as i can tell). Numerous refill stations of all types have filled it for me without any questions  It has been painted with what looks like an epoxy type paint I do not see any rust on the outside. And i have removed and repaired the gauge (it would stick on full when the liquid went down until the vehicle was moved) Wondered why i was using furnace stove and refrigerator wile hunting for 4 days and gauge still read full. Surprise when i got home tank was down to 1/4  Float would go past overcenter and stay on full till it was shaken But i did not see any signs of rust wile gauge was out ,tank has newest type fill valve  Veh is 1977   you can see a picture of tank at my gallery under exhaust headers  / elec fuel pump mounting  Frank
"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.

ClydesdaleKevin

Horizontal tanks are forever as far as the valves go...there is no updating to do.

If its too rusty you can repaint it, but there is no law on horizontal tanks.

Make it look pretty and everyone will refill it...again, there is no law on horizontal tanks and if its not rust,they HAVE to refill it.  Filling stations have the right to refuse filling a tank that is too rusty regardless of law, so keep it pretty to save yourself hassles.

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.