Fresh water tank blow back

Started by MSN Member, March 12, 2009, 02:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dogmatic259

Sent: 10/27/2005

Hey guys, When I fill my fresh water tank it will fill for a few minutes and then I have to pull the hose out and it blows a ton of air out of the tank, once I do that I can start filling it again until the pressure builds . I need to go through this five or six times to get the tank to full. I assume there's a valve or breather somewhere that is clogged. I've looked around the tank but I don't see anything. Does anybody know where it is? I have a 84 chieftain.

Thanks
Robert

OldEdBrady

On the Whiny Beggar, there is a tiny hole next to the fresh water fill.  That is the breather.  I had that problem for a while.  The breather was blocked.

I traced the line down to the fresh water tank, unhooked it (at the tank, of course), and blew it out.  Took care of the problem.

Cooneytoones

Robert....Ol' Ed got that one.......Sometimes it's a bunch of small little holes next to the fresh (portable water) fill tube.....on the inside next to the fill tube, there should be a 1/4 inch rubber hose attached from the tank to the  little holes in the fill valve assembly on the left side of your rig.....tank must be vented or it'll do exactly what it is doing ...so either your little vent is blocked, the 1/4 inch hose is kinked....follow the fill tube (hose) from where it enters the rig to the tank, or from the tank to where it enters the rig, you should see the little vent hose running along side the fill hose (or tube).....it should exit the tank right near were the fill tube enters the tank.....if it's original, I'd replace it, 2 hose clamps and 1/4 inch black rubber hose, (available at any hardware store) should be 2 to 4 feet long depending on where you fresh water tank is located....the old one could be rotten or weak and collapsing when it tries to vent the air....this would cause the problem, so even if the hose looks good....remove it and see if it is in good shaped.
Timmy