Your Bago Might Be Your Ace In The Hole

Started by LJ-TJ, March 02, 2009, 01:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LJ-TJ

Not to imply that anyone here is in a bad way financially. I just finished watching a News Special on folks losing their homes in the states. Not a pleasant site . They were showing regular folks moving into tent cities and saying that there's gotten to be so many of them now that the town fathers aren't making them tear them down as they have no were to go. I couldn't help but think how fortunate we are as we have our old rigs. At least we're high and dry with a roof over our heads even if it does leak a bit and we have our own toilet, fridge and stove, furnace and a warm bed. We're mobile if we have to move to work. Holy cow were putt'n on the Ritz. Thank God for old Winnies. Ya might want to keep your's it might be your ace in the hole.

ibdilbert01

Funny thing you have mentioned that, as recently was thinking the same thing.  The bagos are a bit of cheap living insurance if nothing else.   ;)
Constipated People Don't Give a crap!

Oz

I asked Jack yesterday about how much he was saving by moving to a camprground and full-timing.

He told me approximately $1,500 a month.  :o  That's more than millions of Americans make in one month.

We've been seriously discussing going full-time ourselves, after our last sibling is out on his own in a couple years.  I'd love to have something like a 33' SuperChief.  I've looked at some, but I just can't seem to bring myself to part with my addiction to the eyebrow.  So, in a couple years, I'll be "in search of" that elusive and rare Big Foot... no, sorry.... Loch Ness Monster... no... sorry again, I've watched too many of those TV shows... a '74 Indian D29RB.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

RayCameron

I just hope that if something like that does happen I don't sell the Bago in some vain attempt to stay afloat and wind up losing everything anyway....

LJ-TJ

Aaaaaa ya see that was my hole point. I just didn't know a tactful way to say it. For those folks with there backs on the ropes and are thinking about selling their rigs for that quick fix. If it's a quick fix it might not be the fix you need you best hang on to it cause ya see it doesn't matter how expensive the roof over your head is. It's your roof and you can afford it. And people will love you for your resourcefulness.

brians1969

My winnie is my home! It has been for 4 years.  No mortgage!
brian