lampCheck out the SIDE BAR ITEMS.    As you browse the forum, be sure to look at the side bar info blocks.  You'll be amazed at all the great things available!

Author Topic: Your Bago Might Be Your Ace In The Hole  (Read 3005 times)

Offline LJ-TJ

• 14 year member
  • I own: a Motor Home
  • Year: 1975
  • Make: Winnebago
  • Model: D21
  • Chassis: Dodge
  • Engine: 440-3
Your Bago Might Be Your Ace In The Hole
« on: March 02, 2009, 01:12 PM »
Not to imply that anyone here is in a bad way financially. I just finished watching a News Special on folks losing their homes in the states. Not a pleasant site . They were showing regular folks moving into tent cities and saying that there's gotten to be so many of them now that the town fathers aren't making them tear them down as they have no were to go. I couldn't help but think how fortunate we are as we have our old rigs. At least we're high and dry with a roof over our heads even if it does leak a bit and we have our own toilet, fridge and stove, furnace and a warm bed. We're mobile if we have to move to work. Holy cow were putt'n on the Ritz. Thank God for old Winnies. Ya might want to keep your's it might be your ace in the hole.

Offline ibdilbert01

• 10 year member
  • Creative Gadget Guru
  • Year: 1970
  • Model: Chieftain Deluxe, D27
  • Engine: 413
Re: Your Bago Might Be Your Ace In The Hole
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2009, 01:29 PM »
Funny thing you have mentioned that, as recently was thinking the same thing.  The bagos are a bit of cheap living insurance if nothing else.   ;)
Constipated People Don't Give a crap!

Offline Oz

• "So let it be written; so let it be done!"
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2009, 01:52 PM »
I asked Jack yesterday about how much he was saving by moving to a camprground and full-timing.

He told me approximately $1,500 a month.  :o  That's more than millions of Americans make in one month.

We've been seriously discussing going full-time ourselves, after our last sibling is out on his own in a couple years.  I'd love to have something like a 33' SuperChief.  I've looked at some, but I just can't seem to bring myself to part with my addiction to the eyebrow.  So, in a couple years, I'll be "in search of" that elusive and rare Big Foot... no, sorry.... Loch Ness Monster... no... sorry again, I've watched too many of those TV shows... a '74 Indian D29RB.
Previously enjoyed our '74 - D24 Indian & '74 - D24 Indian Custom

Offline RayCameron

• Year: 1984
  • Model: Elandan
  • Chassis: Chevy P30
  • Engine: 454
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2009, 03:19 PM »
I just hope that if something like that does happen I don't sell the Bago in some vain attempt to stay afloat and wind up losing everything anyway....

Offline LJ-TJ

• 14 year member
  • Year: 1975
  • Model: D21
  • Engine: 440-3
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2009, 06:11 PM »
Aaaaaa ya see that was my hole point. I just didn't know a tactful way to say it. For those folks with there backs on the ropes and are thinking about selling their rigs for that quick fix. If it's a quick fix it might not be the fix you need you best hang on to it cause ya see it doesn't matter how expensive the roof over your head is. It's your roof and you can afford it. And people will love you for your resourcefulness.

Offline brians1969

• 12 year member
  • Year: 1969
  • Model: D24
  • Engine: 318
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2009, 06:24 PM »
My winnie is my home! It has been for 4 years.  No mortgage!
brian

Proud to be a:

Visit and take the Virtual Tour!

RVMH Hall of Fame
Lifetime Member

FULL Membership!

Want to start enjoyingall the benefitsFull Membership has to offer?

Become a Full

Want to enjoy your

Full Membership

without ever having

to renew?

Become a:

RV Buying Checklist

Looking to buy a used RV?
Don't go unprepared!

Print this checklist so you
know the real condition of that "dream" RV:

RV Buyer's Checklist