lampCheck out the SIDE BAR ITEMS.    As you browse the forum, be sure to look at the side bar info blocks.  You'll be amazed at all the great things available!

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 2060 times)

Offline Chuck

• 7 year member
  • I own: My RV is for Sale!
  • Year: 1988
  • Make: Itasca
  • Model: Windcruiser
  • Chassis: Chevy P30
  • Engine: 454
Hello
« on: March 02, 2009, 10:45 AM »
Hi All,
Doing my "new member" thing and introducing myself - I live in the HSV AL area and just bought an 88 Itasca Windcruiser IJP32RQ that should keep me very busy all winter and well into spring.  I have always been a camping enthusiast, doing a lot of primitive tent camping as a young man and then getting a little softer once married for the wife(tent camping with electrical and air bed, getting closer to the bathrooms, etc...lol) .  We are now in our 50's so the Itasca will make our camping days much cushier.  We plan to make its maiden voyage sometime in April. 

This camper needs much TLC and some mechanical upgrades but hopefully I will have time to get it ready for spring.  I was hoping to buy a manual specifically for this model but it appears that all that is available is one for all of the 88 lines.  Too bad Winnebago doesn't have the manuals for the vintages on PDF. 

I'm glad and proud to be a part of this group and hopefully I can be a contribution.  I can turn a wrench and if you're close enough, maybe we can team up. 

Thanks Pharaoh and team for providing a gathering place for us.  There is a ton of hard work and maintenance that goes into maintaining a website.

Peace,
Chuck
I'm working on it!

Offline Oz

• "So let it be written; so let it be done!"
  • I own: a Motor Home
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2009, 12:32 PM »
You may even want to check the Manual and Diagrams message board.  If the links you posted aren't already there, it would be the place to add them.

That board is dedicated to posting resources for Manuals and Diagrams, sorta like the title suggests.  ::)
Previously enjoyed our '74 - D24 Indian & '74 - D24 Indian Custom

Offline ClydesdaleKevin

• 11 year member
  • I own: a Motor Home
  • Year: 1995
  • Make: Itasca
  • Model: Suncruiser 32RQ
  • Chassis: Oshkosh
  • Engine: Cummings Turbo Diesel
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 09:22 AM »
Welcome to the group Chuck!

Kev and Patti
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 98 Cherokee lifted beastie tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

Offline Cooneytoones

• Remember it always could be worse!
  • Year: 1976 Winnebago
  • Make: Winnebago
  • Model: Custom D29
  • Chassis: M 500
  • Engine: 440-3
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2009, 11:01 PM »
Welcome aboard Chuck...Sounds like you found yourself and your wife a nice rig...and we know that now, you found the right place to do what you got to do it ... to make your maiden voyage. When I bought my rig, I didn't have anything except my tool box, a roll of duct tape and some bailing wire before I found this group.   Good luck on the maiden voyage in April. Post some pictures and keep us up on what your doing...We like before and after photos and stories....Again Welcome.

Proud to be a:

Visit and take the Virtual Tour!

RVMH Hall of Fame
Lifetime Member

FULL Membership!

Want to start enjoyingall the benefitsFull Membership has to offer?

Become a Full

Want to enjoy your

Full Membership

without ever having

to renew?

Become a:

RV Buying Checklist

Looking to buy a used RV?
Don't go unprepared!

Print this checklist so you
know the real condition of that "dream" RV:

RV Buyer's Checklist