Waste water tank sources

Started by MSN Member, February 14, 2009, 11:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

78bago

Sent: 4/21/2003

Hi, Just a suggestion, I contacted Stouts Rv in Greenwood,IN, hoping to find a duel holding tank for my 78 Brave, they have found me one in Iowa, for 189.00,  they seem to have be able to find me other parts I have needed in the past, they may be able to help others. there web site is stoutsrv.com phone number 1-888-795-8794
Good Luck Rich

Boat Nut

Sent: 4/21/2003

For anyone needing holding tanks: Last year I needed to replace the blackwater tank on my 73 Brave. I checked a bunch of aftermarket providers, and was not having much luck finding any that would fit, and prices were high. In desperation I went to a Winnie dealer, & was able to order a direct exact fit replacement, and it was cheaper than the others I had priced.

Chuck

BraveMasterSpinner

Sent: 4/21/2003 10:30 AM

Hey Guys sorry for my absence kinda busy with some work,  just wanted to replay to this cause In my research I found an interesting tidbit on the Winnie Web page.

To paraphrase it slightly they have all the casts and tools for just about if not every Winnie model they produced at the plant.   Certainly it was true for most if not all of our Winnies that every component beyond the Chassis/Drive/Powertrain was manufactured on site or purchased as whole components from suppliers (ie heating system, Hot water heater stove fridge etc...)   so if it isn't a brand name (Dodge/Chrysler, Coleman, etc...) and it's a major system (ie not electrical wiring heating ducting, plumbing fixtures or pipes) it was manufactured at the plant and they have the capability of reproducing them as needed.

Where as Aftermarket companies often have to take the time to make an injection mold for a grey or blackwater tank, Winnie Factory has the molds and seem to have them ready to be used as orders are recieved.

Would love to visit the plant and actually take a look at the setup they have because from my manufacturing industry experience keeping an order and still having ready access to ancient tools has got to be a sight to behold.

I wonder if they would allow a representative from our group to make a photo Journal of the tours they have of the factory.

Sully

Froggy1936

Mobility RV (www.winnebagoparts.com) 641 896 2223  can make up any tank that was original equipment on a Winnebago all they need is the part # that is stamped into the old one Prices are around $200.00 ea or less i replaced both of mine photos are at my gallery  Froggy1936      Frank
"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.