Advice on stain remover for shag carpet?

Started by LJ-TJ, July 03, 2014, 10:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LJ-TJ

:)rotflmao Hey gang I got that old lime green shag carpet and since I can't afford to replace it at the moment any body got any suggestions on a good stain remover and thoughts on how to liven up the shag a bit. :(

pvoth1111

Green.....................................Shag..................Now heavily self medicating...oof. Is there no cure for the 70's? 
We call our coach "Charlie Brown"

Rickf1985

Green shag, trigger word.....................Flashbacks.............pretty lights......music......girls............... oh, uh, um, sorry, where was I. Man I hate when that happens! :-[ :-[ :-[ W%

Oz

I knew my experience as a sweeper salesman would come in handy one day...

Meguiars fabric and carpet cleaner has always proven best for me for stain removal.

As for spiffing up that gorgeous shag of yesteryear, when I sold Electrolux, they had an awesome carpet shampooer.  And, at the time, there was still a lot of shag carpet floating around in the homes I visited, not to mention my own.  The unit came with a nap lifter.  It worked fantastic!

Now, that shampooer would be too big and unwieldy to use in your RV, but if you can find something smaller with this kind of nap lifter, it would be the bee's knees...
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

Stripe

Pfft, He said 'nap lifter'....  :laugh:

But seriously, where can I find one of those?!?! ???

I use stainlifter with a Bissel Upright carpet cleaner I got from Craigslist Free..
Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

Oz

Those in particular are for an Electrolux.  Bloody expensive too. 
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca