How do I light a Coleman 3 burner stove & oven?

Started by The_Handier_Man1, December 11, 2008, 04:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1charly

Sent: 7/5/2002 9:50 PM

Can someone tell me how to light the oven on a Coleman 3 burner stove. Thanks.

Charly

melyash

Sent: 7/5/2002 10:24 PM

Hi,

On the one I have, (yours may be similar) First find the pilot light area with a flashlight, and then make sure the thermocouple is clear of soot. I would then use a butane BBQ lighter and get the flame under the port. Turn the oven knob to Pilot, and hold it there while it lights, and for 30 sec to a minute. This is to heat up the thermocouple. It should stay lit after that by itself and you can release the nob to the normal position. It normally takes a few seconds to light the oven off the pilot light after the temp has been set. Mine runs a bit low about 35 degrees below what the setting says it is.

Matt

1charly

Sent: 7/6/2002 4:18 AM

Matt,

Where is the pilot light area or your oven? I can not find it.
The oven thermocouple is just hanging in the air, it has a clip but not where to mount it Thanks.

Charly,

melyash

Sent: 7/6/2002 12:02 PM

My pilot light area is at the back of the oven, in the center. The thermocouple should be located above the flame of the pilot light. You may be seeing a termo SENSOR to regulate the heat. If your thermocouple is not above your pilot light, the gas to the pilot will not flow because it thinks the pilot is out. Matt