Author Topic: Need Fuel pump relay 1995 P30  (Read 143 times)

Offline Dennis

• I own: a Motor Home
  • Year: 1995
  • Make: Winnebago
  • Model: Adventurer
  • Chassis: Chevy
  • Engine: 454
Need Fuel pump relay 1995 P30
« on: July 16, 2020, 03:30 PM »
Does anyone know where the fuel pump relay is on a 1995 winnebago adventurer P3 chassis?

Offline ClydesdaleKevin

• 14 year member
  • Make: Itasca
  • Model: Suncruiser G34RQ
  • Chassis: Oshkosh
  • Engine: Cummings Turbo Diesel
Re: Need Fuel pump relay 1995 P30
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2020, 07:24 AM »
It should be up under the doghouse on the driver's side.  The part isn't available anymore, but you can fool the safety system by adding a different style 30 amp breaker and a couple of wires.  I have a post on here somewhere describing the whole process, and can't seem to find in state of mind caused by the ear ache medicine my doc gave me. 

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

Offline ClydesdaleKevin

• 14 year member
  • Make: Itasca
  • Model: Suncruiser G34RQ
  • Chassis: Oshkosh
  • Engine: Cummings Turbo Diesel
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2020, 07:36 AM »
Here is is!  Every thing you need to bypass the unobtainable relay, and to get your coach up and running perfectly using a cheap 40 amp 4 pin relay, so 10 gauge wire and some wire ends.  It worked just FINE for us for years and we never ever had another fuel delivery problem with that old coach.

http://www.classicwinnebagos.com/forum/index.php?topic=8795.25

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

Offline Eyez Open

• Year: 83
  • Make: Holiday Rambler
  • Model: Imperial 33
  • Chassis: P30
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2020, 09:02 PM »
Relays going bad is well rare, TBI does have a lot of dots to cross before that relay will fire...below is a video...good luck you have quite a few connections that can become corroded over time.

https://youtu.be/-dOXoi-6NIQ

Offline CarmenRomero

• I own: a camper van
  • Year: unsure
  • Make: Appollo
  • Model: D22
  • Chassis: unsure
  • Engine: unsure
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2020, 08:46 AM »
Usually a bad or failing fuel pump relay will produce a few symptoms that can alert the driver of the issues.
  • Engine stalls. One of the first symptoms of an issue with the fuel pump relay is an engine that suddenly stalls. ...
  • Engine does not start.
  • No noise from the fuel pump.
text to speech online converter for freeonline mortgage calculator

Offline Rickf1985

• 6 year member
  • Year: 1989
  • Make: Winnebago
  • Model: Chieftain
  • Chassis: Chevy
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2020, 09:25 AM »
The fuel pump relay on a fuel injected vehicle should be mounted in the fuse panel or the power distribution center which houses all of the high power relays and circuits. The cover of the box will be marked with all of the circuits and relays. Most of the relays are the same type so you can use a relay from something like the AC or another seldom used circuit to swap relays with to see if it is the relay or the pump going bad. I don't know where this would be located in an RV but if you want to know what it looks like look under the hood of your car and it will usually be mounted on one of the fenders.