Need hub and bearing seal part numbers

Started by mytoolman, June 26, 2020, 12:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mytoolman

Hi there I sold my 1973 Superior 2200 Class A on a Dodge RM400 to my friend 5 years ago. It did not start up when I got it and had been sitting for 10 years. In my 9 months of ownership I got it to start up reliably.  It took a basic repair to get it to do that. One that took me about 3 months to notice/figure out back then. I can take solace in being dumb back then because misery loves company and I saw the parts others had thrown at the rig in their failed efforts to correct a no crank over situation. It simply had a missing ground strap from the frame to the engine. I put one on back then and all the weird stuff it previously did when trying to get it to fire up disappeared.

Then my tool truck was stolen in 2015 and  I needed to remove all distractions that might keep me from rebuilding my lost business so I sold it to my friend. He has only done a few little things to it in all that time. My friend realized he was never going to fix it up and offered it back to me. Ive always liked how it was built and had actually looked at buying another one that was in far better shape a couple of years ago...I didnt get to it quickly enough. If it really was as good  as advertised it was a very good deal. It had lots already done that I will have to do to this one and I will end up spending more to do what I need to do...plus side I will know what and how it was done on this one....

I have 3 weeks to get the brakes completely done or have to pay for towing and I dont want to have it towed the 10 miles it needs to go to get the other stuff it needs done....Where its at while not great to do this type of major work it  needs to stop is better than where it will end up.

My challenge is that whatever I remove I must reinstall the same day. That means parts need to be there when I take it apart...I intend to do one corner each day. .Dave's Place  Dodge Motorhome Reference Information is a very nice resource. I have ordered all the brake parts I could find for it from Rock Auto earlier today...Daves Place was vague for some info as an example:  I wasnt sure which size the bore is for the wheel cylinders so I ordered both sizes....This is not the most economical way to handle things.  Ill have to pay return shipping and probably a restocking fee but I am determined to blast through the repairs and not put things back together to take them apart again once I get the correct parts.

My rig has the "TWINPLEX" style of brakes that use the 15"x4" drums. The advertisement from the rig I should have bought 2 years ago had a paragraph on the repairs he did to the differential. He mentioned it had a Dana 70 in his. He also had a 1973 with disc brakes on the front. I dont know more than that. How do you determine the part numbers for the axle seals that sit in the rear hubs? I also need the wheel bearing seal part numbers for the FRONT hubs that those disc rotors attach to... Help guys it will really be lousy to have to tear it down to find out what is needed and then reinstall everything for a few days until I find simple parts like grease seals. 
Also have "Ethyl" 1955 Ford C600 equipped as a rolling tool store(ETTT)."Brutus" 1972 Ford F250 60k original miles. "Panzer" 1976 MBZ 450SL Roadster.

mytoolman

front seals are National #3210 for the front disc hub and National 415085 Mine chassis is a RM400 aka M500. When I get this torn down we will see how well we swaged....it was mostly scientific for the "s"
I have the main 40 gallon gas tank out. I have a few gallons of fresh gasoline in it while it sits in the bed of my old pickup. It has about 50 miles of sloshing around now....Ive put a few lengths of chain inside the tank. I had to work pretty hard to remove all 10 of the screws that held the fuel sender unit in place and for the cover for the gas inlet that comes from the auxiliary tank. Had to creep them out a pinch at a time with a small pair of vise grips...the phillips heads all stripped...thankfully they all did come out...I should have doused all of these with my acetone/trans fluid mixture prior to trying...I ordered a new sender..
Im waiting for all the brake parts to arrive from Rock Auto next week. by then I should have the gas tank all acid washed and neutralized and then sealed... The next 3 weeks are going to be busy doing the heavy lifting and dirty work....brakes and fuel system.....
Also have "Ethyl" 1955 Ford C600 equipped as a rolling tool store(ETTT)."Brutus" 1972 Ford F250 60k original miles. "Panzer" 1976 MBZ 450SL Roadster.

Oz

I hope the seals are the correct ones.
Major gas tank work.  You're getting a lot done!
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca