Stainless steel spare wheel cover 235/85/R16

Started by Jupp318, June 11, 2020, 12:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jupp318

Hi,I'm trying to find a spare wheel cover for my '85 Cheiftain 27. The tyres I have fitted are 235/85/R16. I seem to be having a lot of difficulty finding such an item, can anyone help please?

Rickf1985

Most 16" dually pick up trucks are the same, design might look different. Beware Ford after 99 is a different bolt pattern.

Jupp318

Thanks Rick, I am trying to find suppliers/manufacturers without too much success. I don't know if it's the terminology I'm using in the search engine but if you could help with possible sources I would be most grateful.

Rickf1985

I thought you were looking for used ones. As far as new, they may be getting hard to find for 16 inch since that size has kind of gone the way of the dinosaur. sort of like our RV's. You would be looking for "Wheel covers", "Trim Ring", "Wheel Simulators".  RV stores or truck supply places would be the places to look. 16" 8 lug are all the same from Ford, Dodge and Chevy up through 98, in 99 Ford went to a metric bolt pattern but Dodge and Chevy stayed the same. So don't limit your search to just GM.

LJ-TJ

ClydesdaleKevin

Try "wheel simulators."  That is how I found ours on eBay.

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.