318 to 440 Engine Swap Info, D20 Brave

Started by srosa707, June 03, 2020, 07:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

srosa707

Hey everyone.  I'm thinking of swapping out my 318/727 for a 440/727.  I've got a lead on a Class C that has a 440 from a Class A.  What items will I need to complete the swap?  This is what I am thinking; Class A motor mounts, dipstick tube, maybe an oil pan, exhaust mods, maybe radiator swap.  I am sure folks have performed this swap.  Any info is appreciated.  I've given up the Cummins dream! lol.

sundog

Just curious, what made you give up thoughts of the Cummins engine? I have a 413 in a D20 also and am thinking that I need a change before I go on the road again. And disk brakes....

legomybago

I've always wanted a D18 with a 440....Maybe someday I will do this, my plan after finding the right D18, was to then find a donor class A with a 440, park them side by side and begin cussing..... :)
Never get crap happy with a slap happy pappy

skloon

transmission bellhousing is different, best would be to get the whole donor- and there is a weight difference so the front springs would probably be different too and the driveshaft as the motor will probably be in a different position

srosa707

Sundog, I decided against the Cummins due to time, money, and space to do the swap.  Honestly, I don't want to invest the time into hunting down the right parts and getting everything installed.  The 440 seems like an easier and cheaper swap.