Lazy Daze ?

Started by tmsnyder, May 26, 2020, 09:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tmsnyder

What's the general consensus on this brand of coach?

My understanding is that they are built to order, direct sale from the small shop in California, not distributed through RV shops so you skip the middle man.  So you're paying for a quality build instead of profit for the middle man, and basically they are the same coach they've been making since the 60s.  Vintage body style, high quality build.  You hardly ever see them for sale, but I did just see one recently near me, it was mid 80's on a chevy chassis.

Anyone have one or know of them?

Rickf1985

No, But I would look at all the normal leak issues that you find on every other brand of RV, Roof and window seams. Beltline seams. Lower edges for rot. And especially find the fuel pressure regulator because you know it will be bad or it will go bad and you will need to get to it.
And if they are such a niche item I would think there would be site dedicated to them.

Elandan2

Anyone I have ever talked to who had one thought they were the best. Seem to be well built.
Rick and Tracy Ellerbeck

Rickf1985

Still 36 years old........................................... W%

tmsnyder

Yes that seems to be the general consensus.  I just think that's interesting.

Quote from: Elandan2 on May 26, 2020, 05:46 PM
Anyone I have ever talked to who had one thought they were the best. Seem to be well built.

tmsnyder

Yes all the way back to the 60's through today, all built the same.  The brand new ones look vintage.

You can order your own new one today though, direct from Lazy Daze.  No middle man. 

I don't want one though, I have the RV I want :)  I should probably update my build thread on this site.  I've basically gutted my GMC, trying to get all the dust and sand out of it from its years of neglect in ole ElPaso.

Quote from: Rickf1985 on May 26, 2020, 09:32 PM
Still 36 years old........................................... W%

tmsnyder

Rickf1985

I got as far as the price list!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ??? ??? ??? ??? N:( N:( N:( N:( N:(

tmsnyder

What do you think a new Winnie from your local dealer?  How much of that is going to the dealer?

I know though, right?  Isn't this why we drive the vintage ones?  I could but I'm not willing to pay 100k for an RV, that's nuts imo.