So much for that idea!!!

Started by BamBam, April 28, 2020, 01:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BamBam

I was all ready to pull the trigger on buying a RV when all this Bug stuff went down. I had been slowly stockpiling things to go with it for my journey. But since I've been in lockdown for the past 2 months, I've had to reassess my plan of attack and I'm quickly coming to the realization that this may/will not be happening with the RV as I planned. Instead I'm now looking for a Virtual online Realtor to find my homestead and forget doing the travel plan that I've been planning. I laugh every month all the way to the bank as I watch my money grow by leaps & bounds. It sucks that I have to step back again so I can move forward! This seems to be happening to me a lot lately. Stay safe!

Rickf1985

I know a lot of people say I am the wet blanket in the bunch but I have to say that there are thousands of people out there right now that are not laughing all the way to the bank. They are going into bankruptcy, if not homelessness due to this situation. I am worried that my pension is going to evaporate along with the rest of the states cuts. Glad to see you are doing well but I would not plan on spending it too quickly.

BamBam

Quote from: Rickf1985 on April 28, 2020, 08:05 PM
Glad to see you are doing well but I would not plan on spending it too quickly.

If my Military retirement and VA disability checks get cut for whatever reason? There will be very many P.O.ed Vet's taking over Washington overnight, trust me on that! I'm looking to buy a house, the money saved by not getting a RV and the things that go with it and following through with my original plan will put my thousands behind of where I am now. Plus the money for travel, repairs, campsite fees, etc. can and will be used as a down stroke, moving expenses, furniture, whatever, etc. I'd rather just buy & move instead of spending money and taking a vacation while getting to where I want to be!

ClydesdaleKevin

Land and houses are super cheap out here in Fitzgerald, Georgia...and the ground is fertile, really good dirt.  Plus it is a very long growing season here in central Georgia.

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

BamBam

Quote from: ClydesdaleKevin on April 29, 2020, 06:00 PM
Land and houses are super cheap out here in Fitzgerald, Georgia...and the ground is fertile, really good dirt.  Plus it is a very long growing season here in central Georgia.

Kev

Thanks, but that's not where I want to go, but you're close!

plockit007

Hi ALL: Colorado Springs as well as everywhere else is in a jam. Your right Retirees and vets are going to really have a hard time. I'm already in the hole and have nothing save myself. :'( :-[ . It is kind of embarrassing to look at our economy in this dreaded Virus situation.

God Bless the families and those that have gone before us.

Hope everyone has been safe. Most of us know that being cooped up in a small place be it RV or Home is getting on people's nerves.

Disability has it's limitations as well. I'm glad we are sitting here being able to speak about it.
:)clap