coach 12v issue

Started by c farmer, April 03, 2020, 06:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

c farmer

I have a '82 Cheftain, when plugged into shore power or the generator everything works except the hot water and heater.  Hot water uses 12v to light it I think, its all electronic not pilot light.  I was thinking maybe the converter is bad but I don't think it is because it converts the 110 to 12v for interior lights when plugged into shore power.  So today I got the voltmeter out and I have 12v at the tube fuses one one side not the other, fuses are good I checked them.  There is also wires only on one side of the fuse.  The reading lights in the cab are the only thing that works on 12v. 

Thanks for any help.

Adam

Rickf1985

I have seen those glass fuses blow back behind the end cap where you can't see it. If you have power on one end and not the other the fuse is bad. This is checking the actual caps of the fuse. If you have power at both ends of the fuse then remove it and reinstall it, there might just be some corrosion on the contacts. Wires only on one side of the fuse is common if the fuses are in a fuse panel. That is a buss bar on the other side of the fuse.

c farmer

Thanks for the info.  Yes they are in a fuse block, I thought about a buss bar.  There is 4 fuses in there and all of them only have power one the wire side.  I will remove them tomorrow and ohm them.